Zucchini Balls Baked
Keto baked Zucchini Bites are healthy cheesy zucchini appetizers or snacks to share with friends.
Servings: 18 zucchini balls
Author: Carine Claudepierre
- 1 1/2 cup Grated zucchini packed, squeeze to remove all juice
- 3 large Beaten egg
- 3 Garlic clove , finely crushed
- 1 cup Almond Flour (115 g)
- 2 tablespoon Whole Psyllium Husk (12 g)
- 1 tablespoon Dried oregano or dried parsley, or italian mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground paprika
- 1 cup Grated Mozzarella or cheddar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Homemade Sugar free ketchup to dip
- 1 batch sugar free ketchup
- Preheat oven to 370 F (200 C).
- Wash the zucchini and remove the ends, keep the skin on finely grate using a manual grater.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini in a clean towel to extract all the zucchini juice then pack the dried grated zucchini into a measuring cup. Measure 1 1/2 cup, set aside in a bowl.
- Stir in the beten eggs, crushed garlic, almond flour, psyllium husk, dried herbs, cumin, paprika, salt and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Combine with a spoon then knead with your hands, squeezing the batter to ensure that all the ingredients comes together. It should take 1 minute of squeezing/kneading until it forms a consistent batter.
- Form 18 zucchini balls, golf size balls rolling the batter within your hands.
- Place each balls onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. If your parchment paper tend to stick to food, brush a teaspoon of olive oil on top to avoid the zucchini balls to stick on the paper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the outside is golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with dip of your choice like my homemade sugar free ketchup or simple guacamole recipe or sour cream.
- Store up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container
- Freeze the baked zucchini bites in an airtight container leaving haf thumb space between each balls to make sure they don't stick to each other.
- Rewarm in hot oven 150C (300 F) on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until hot in the middle and crispy outside. No need to defrost before rewarming.
Net carbs : 1.6 g per keto balls. Nutrition panel is for the keto recipe version
Herbs: feel free to use dried mint if preferred. If you don't like mint the recipe works without herbs or replace by your favorite herb like parsley, cilantro, dill or basil.
Cheese options: this recipe works well with any hard grated cheese like cheddar, Colby cheese, emmental or mozzarella. Low fat cheese works as well. Use your favorite cheese flavor.
Psyllium husk: don't use metamucil fiber supplement in my recipes, this is not the same product as whole psyllium husk fiber. Metamucil is a husk powder that is not suitable for baking keto bread. It will turn food dry, purple or blue.
Serving: 1keto ball
Net Carbs: 1.6g
Thank you to…