Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese
Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy appetizer to whip up. This is the easiest stuffed mushroom recipe sure to produce the best mouthwatering and delicious mushroom caps you will eat this year. A super simple cream cheese recipe (low carb, KETO, and vegetarian friendly), it's not hard to alter and make your own with crab meat or sausage for additional flavor. Plus the cayenne kick is perfect!
- 12 whole mushrooms
- -I used stuffing mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or omit if you don't like spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Break off stems of mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms, top side down onto prepared baking sheet.
- Add butter and garlic to a skillet. Dice mushroom stems and add to skillet. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms begin to soften. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and spices and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook and mix until cheese is melted.
- Use a 1 tablespoon portion scoop to fill the mushrooms. Fill the scoop half way and press the filing into the mushroom. Place another half filled scoop on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until hot. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
SERVING SIZE: 6 people
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 149
TOTAL FAT: 13g
SATURATED FAT: 8g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 4g
Thank you to...