Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken is the perfect combination of your favorite dip and go-to meat, all rolled into one irresistibly delicious dinner recipe! Cream cheese, yogurt, Mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, and frozen spinach are mixed together, stuffed into a chicken breast, and then either baked in the oven or pan-seared in a skillet. This easy chicken breast recipe makes an impressive low-carb and keto-friendly dinner party main dish and can easily be meal prepped ahead of time!
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breasts 6 4-oz. portions
- 2 Tbsp. oil olive or avocado
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature, softened
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup artichoke hearts chopped
- ¼ cup frozen spinach drained, and tightly packed
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp. salt divided
- ¼ tsp. pepper divided
- Pound chicken breasts using a meat mallet until they are a little more than 1-inch thick. (You can skip this step if your breasts are already pretty thin, but the chicken may not come out quite as tender.)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 4-5 ounce portions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Find the side of each chicken breast that is the longest. Slice each chicken breast with a sharp knife down the middle, being careful not to cut all of the way through.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, drained spinach, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully fill each chicken breast with equal amounts of the spinach artichoke filling. If you have extra filling, set it aside until the chicken is almost done cooking.
- Add oil and stuffed chicken breasts to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees°F with a meat thermometer.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, add additional filling to the skillet to heat it up. Serve chicken with cauliflower rice, regular rice, mashed cauliflower, or mashed potatoes and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 162
Saturated Fat 6g
Thank you to…