Low Carb tortilla chips
Low Carb Tortilla Chips, quick and easy baked keto chips with only 5 ingredients. 100% grain-free, Paleo + Vegan. These chips are life changing, made of almond meal and chia seeds and only 0.4g of net carbs per chips.
Servings: 30 tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Almond Flour - I used blanched almond meal/ground
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast - optional great for a natural cheesy flavor
- Preheat oven to 200 C (390F)
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds and water. Stir with a spoon to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes or until a gel-like texture form.
- In another large mixing bowl, add almond meal, olive oil, spices and the chia seed gel created before.
- Knead dough by hands, squeezing it between your fingers to incorporate the chia gel into the almond meal, until it forms a dough. It shouldn't take more than 1 minute to form a dough ball.
- Place the dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper, and rool out with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper, cut out tortillas chips using a pizza cutter or sharp knife. To make triangle chips (tortillas shapes), simply place a round shape on top of the rolled dough. Cut around the lid, remove the dough outside of the lid - keep it for later to roll again and make more chips! You should end up with a circle of rolled dough. One circle creates about 10 chips, and you will roll 3 circles in total. Then, using the pizza cutter cut triangle as you will cut a round cake.
- Move the dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes, check the color and stop baking as soon as you reach a golden brown color. For very thin chips it took 6-7 minutes. For thicker chips it could take up to 8-9 minutes. I recommend you to bake for 6 minutes then check every 1 minute to avoid the chips to burn.
- Remove from the oven when golden brown and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet
- Use a flat tool like a knife or small spatula to remove/lift the tortillas chips from the parchment paper.
- Serve with my simple avocado dip recipe or dip of your choice.
Storage: Store up to 5 days in an airtight container - they will slightly soften after 3 days but you can rewarm them 1 minute at 75C (160F) for 1 minute just before serving to give them some crisp again. I recommend a metallic box or glass jar to keep the tortillas very crispy.
Freezing: I don't recommend to freeze those chips. They will lose their crisp.
Spices ideas: feel free to experiment with dried herbs like rosemary, oregano or onion flakes, smoked paprika, turmeric powder, curry powder or even matcha powder!
Salt: the recipe is using only 1/4 teaspoon of salt which keep the chips low in sodium and healthy. If you love salty chips feel free to add more salt but don't exceed 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Net carbs per chips (carbs take away fibre) : 0.4g
Serving: 1tortilla chip
Net Carbs: 0.4g
Thank you to…