Low Carb Mock McGriddle Casserole
Fun & easy breakfast casserole that has all the flavors of a Sausage McGriddle® sandwich, with the ease of a one dish casserole.
Yields 8 servings of Low Carb Mock McGriddle Casserole
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 10 large eggs
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons Walden Farms Maple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Put a pan on the stove over medium heat, then add the breakfast sausage. Break up while it's cooking.
- In a separate bowl, measure out all dry ingredients (including cheese), then add the wet ingredients. Add 4 tbsp. syrup and mix together well.
- Once the sausage is browned and somewhat crispy, add everything (including excess fat) into the mixture and mix again.
- Line a 9x9 casserole dish with parchment paper and then pour the casserole mixture into the dish. Use 2 tbsp. syrup drizzled over the top for extra maple flavor.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the casserole by holding on to the edges of the parchment paper and lifting out.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Low Carb Mock McGriddle Casserole.
Each serving comes out to be
Net Carbs 2.87g
Thank you to…