Keto Tiramisu Recipe
The ultimate low carb tiramisu recipe - the perfect balance between authentic and easy! This keto tiramisu dessert is a decadent make-ahead treat.
Servings 10 servings
- 1/3 cup Besti Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend
- 1/3 cup Butter (softened)
- 3 large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Espresso (or strong coffee, at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp Brandy (or cognac, optional)
- 4 large Egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 3 tbsp Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend
- 1 cup Mascarpone (at room temperature)
- 1 cup Heavy cream (cold)
- 1/2 tsp Cocoa powder (optional, for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a 9 in (23 cm) square pan with parchment paper, so that it hangs over the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sweetener and butter, until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt, until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to the lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until firm, golden, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Combine the egg yolks and powdered sweetener in the top of a small double boiler, over boiling water. (Make sure the double boiler bowl is small.) Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is lighter in color, increased in volume, and a little frothy.
- Remove from heat. Use a hand mixer at medium-low speed to whip the yolks until they are thick and lemon in color. Set aside to cool while doing the next step.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the mascarpone to the whipped yolks. Beat at low speed until combined smoothly.
- Gently fold the mascarpone yolk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Run a knife along the edges of the cake to make sure it didn't stick to the sides. Transfer to a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, stir together the espresso and brandy. Pour evenly over the cake.
- Cut the cake in half, forming 2 rectangles. Carefully slide one half onto a platter.
- Top the cake on the platter with half of the cream mixture. Carefully place the second half of the cake on top, then top with the remaining cream mixture.
- Sift cocoa powder through a fine-mesh sieve over the tiramisu (optional).
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to set.
Serving size: 1/10 of entire cake, either a slice almost an inch thick or a square approximately 1.8 x 2.25 inches. (I like to cut it in half lengthwise and into 5 sections crosswise, for 10 square-ish pieces.)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Total Carbs: 6g
Net Carbs: 5g
Thank you to…Low Carb Keto Tiramisu Recipe | Wholesome Yum