Keto Naan Bread
This keto naan bread is one of the best recipes you can make when you're craving low carb flatbread. Whether you call it keto chapati, keto paratha, or keto roti, each piece is a cloud on a plate - it is super soft, light, chewy, and oh so delicious. Not to mention it is a gluten-free flatbread and each one has just 4 NET CARBS!
Yield: 3 Naan Breads
- 1 ½ Cups (140g) Blanched Almond Flour, plus another ¼ Cup
- 2/3 Cup (20g) Unflavored Protein Powder or heaping 1/4 cup (30g) almond flour
- 1 Tsp. (4g) Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Cups (168g) Full Fat Mozzarella, Shredded
- 1 ½ Tbsp. (20g) Full Fat Sour Cream
- 1 Egg, Whisked
- Generous Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Add your almond flour (1 1/2 cups), protein powder, baking powder, and salt to a bowl and whisk until well-combined, then set aside.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and sour cream to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave them on and off in 30 second increments until the cheese has melted and combined.
- Mix the melted cheese and sour cream together, then add the mixture to your dry ingredients while it's still warm.
- Start combining the warm cheese with the dry ingredients. Then, add 1 whisked egg into the mix and continue combining until you get a sticky dough.
- Sprinkle the rest of your almond flour (1/4 cup) over the dough to reduce its stickiness and form the dough into a ball.
- Let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, divide into thirds and shape each portion into a round and flat naan bread. Add water to your fingers to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place the shaped naan bread dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, then broil for 1-2 minutes or until the top develops a golden brown color.
- Take the naan bread out of the oven, let them cool to room temperature, then enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 Naan
Thank you to…