Keto Low Carb Sugar Cookies
Keto Sugar Cookies - the perfect soft and buttery low carb Christmas cut-out cookies for the holiday baking season. Best of all, these delicious classic holiday cookies are made with healthier, sugar free and gluten free ingredients.
Servings 20 cookies
Calories 98 kcal
- 1.09 cups superfine blanched almond flour , measured correctly (spoon & sweep) plus more as needed
- 0.16 cup coconut flour , measured correctly (spoon & sweep)
- 0.42 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener , can also sub with powdered coconut sugar for paleo
- 0.16 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 0.31 cup unsalted butter , cut into 1/2-inch pieces - softened
- 1.25 tablespoons cream cheese softened, can also sub with KiteHill vegan cream cheese for paleo
- 1.25 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 0.16 teaspoon pure almond extract
Keto Icing (optional)
- 0.31 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener (Swerve or erythritol)
- 0.94 tablespoons heavy cream OR coconut cream
- almond milk or lemon juice, as needed to reach desired consistency
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment turned to low speed, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and salt together until combined.
- Turn the mixer to medium, then add the butter, 1 cube at a time, and mix until the dough looks crumbly and slightly wet about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla and almond extract and beat for another 30-60 seconds until the dough just begins to form large clumps, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gather dough with hands and knead just until it sticks together (add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time as needed if dough seems too wet). Shape into a disc and wrap in plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 35 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. When ready to roll, remove and unwrap dough disc from the fridge.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a flat surface. Place dough in the center. Place another large parchment paper on top of the dough and using your rolling pin, roll into 1/4 inch thickness (1/8 inch for thinner cookies). Place the cookie dough sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie dough sheet from the freezer and remove the top parchment paper. Cut into shapes with cutters of your choice. Place cut cookies on lined baking sheets, about 1 inch apart then place in the freezer again for 10 minutes (to prevent spreading). Repeat with any scraps.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, on the middle rack for 13-17 minutes, rotating the pan halfway, or until edges are light golden brown (do not overbake).
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack until cool. (cookies will continue to bake & harden)
- Frost or decorate cookies as desired.
For Keto Frosting (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sweetener with coconut cream until smooth. Add almond milk or lemon juice as needed to desired consistency.
Keto Low Carb Sugar Cookies
Amount Per Serving (1 cookie)
Calories 98Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Carbohydrates 2g 1%
Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 1g 2%
* Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy using the WPRM recipe calculator. It is best to make your own calculations to ensure accuracy. We expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Do you want to see our version of this recipe? Follow us on our social media
Thank you to…