Keto Feta Cheese And Avocado Frittata
yield 6 SERVINGS
Feta Cheese and Avocado Frittata is delicious for a quick breakfast, and if you're lucky you may have leftovers to eat another day.
- 1 T olive oil
- 6 green onions
- 8 eggs
- 2 T half and half (see notes)
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning (optional but recommended)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado, diced into pieces about 1/2 inch across
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese (see notes)
- Slice 6 green onions, keeping the dark green part and the lighter and white parts separate.
- Crumble desired amount of Feta and dice up one large avocado.
- Beat eggs with a little half and half and some Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or another all-purpose seasoning and pepper.
- Saute green onions over medium heat in a bit of olive oil, using a 10 or 12 inch frying pan that has a lid.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the green onion and immediately turn heat to low.
- Start to preheat the broiler at this point.
- When the eggs have started to barely look set around the edges (about 2-3 minutes) spoon the avocado pieces over the eggs, making sure they are well distributed in the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, then crumble the feta over the top of the avocado and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Then cover pan and cook until the frittata is starting to brown on the bottom and barely set on top, about 8 minutes covered.
- Put the frittata under the broiler and broil until eggs are completely set and the top is starting to lightly brown, probably not more than a couple of minutes. (Keep an eye on it)
- Sprinkle with green parts of the green onion.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Use milk, cream, or half and half in the eggs, whichever you prefer. If you don't have Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), use any all-purpose seasoning that's good with eggs. I love Feta Cheese, but use more or less Feta to taste.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 18g
SATURATED FAT: 6g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 11g
Thank you to…