Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Sweet and sticky gluten free Keto Cinnamon Rolls packed with cinnamon and pecans! Less than 2 net carbs per roll!
For the Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
For the Filling
- 1 tablespoons butter, softened but not melted
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Swerve (erythritol) sweetener
For the Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (If subbing any other kind of liquid like almond milk start with less because it is not as thick as heavy cream)
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve (erythritol)
- Preheat oven to 350
- For the Rolls: In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour, baking powder and ground flax meal.
- Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball (see step by step images above)
- Between two silicone baking mats or parchment paper roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 13x10.
- For the filling: Brush the softened butter on the dough, all the way to the edges.
- Combine the cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the butter. Top with chopped nuts
- Starting at one end roll your dough as tightly as you can into a log.
- Cut into 8 equal portions (roughly the width of two fingers)
- Spray a muffin tin lightly with cooking spray and place the rolls in the wells.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- For the cream cheese icing: combine the cream cheese, heavy cream and powdered swerve in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
**Note: the icing is for a mildly sweet, thick frosting. If you prefer it sweeter or thinner just add additional ingredients as needed after taste testing.
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 10.3g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.6g
Thank you to…