Keto Chicken Pot Pie
This Keto Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is one of the best low carb chicken recipes you can make. It has the perfect balance of chicken, veggies, and savory-chewy-crust in every bite. And each serving of this keto chicken pot pie has just 3.5g net carbs.
Yield: 8 Slices
- 12 oz (340g) cooked and cubed chicken
- 2 tablespoons (28g) macadamia nut oil or avocado oil
- 4 button (50g) mushrooms
- ¼ (40g) onion
- ½ (30g) carrot
- ½ (60g) bell pepper
- ½ cup (75g) green beans
- 1 celery stalk (50g)
- 8 oz (226g) cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper as desired for taste
- ½ cup (56g) stick of butter
- 1 cup (112g) almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (7g) coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (56g) cheddar cheese, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heavy cream or egg whites to top the dough — optional
- Sesame seed to top the crust with — optional
- Dice all vegetables ¼-inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add diced vegetables, season with salt and pepper, add oregano.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Add cream cheese and cubed chicken.
- Stir until it all combines.
- Transfer the filling into a 9-inch baking pan.
- Now, to make the dough, combine flour and salt with cold butter.
- Cut with a knife or pulse in a food processor.
- Butter pieces should be the size of peas.
- Add the egg and grated cheese, pulse a few times to combine if using a food processor.
***Or knead with your hands - work quickly though, so the butter doesn’t melt.
- Roll the dough between two parchment sheets into a 10-inch circle.
- Place it over the filling and tuck the edges.
- Make a few cuts on top.
- You can brush your pie crust with heavy cream or egg whites to get a golden brown crust to it. Finish by sprinkling some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375°F.
Serving Size: 1 Slice
Fat: 28.5 g
Carbohydrates: 5.5 g
Fiber: 2.25 g
Protein: 18 g
Thank you to…