Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
The BEST Low Carb Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe you'll ever make! Not only is it easy to make, but you can make it in a pot on your stove, in your crockpot, or in your instant pot! And, no matter which way you make it, this keto broccoli cheddar soup ends up so rich and creamy, you - or your guests - will never believe it's low carb!
- 4 tbsp (56g) salted butter
- 2oz (56g) full fat cream cheese
- 1 & 1/4 cups (140g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion (70g)
- A large clove of garlic
- 1 small head of broccoli (200g)
- 2 cups (475mL) chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup (80mL) heavy cream
- *Optional* ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- Dice the small onion and mince the garlic cloves. Place both in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and mince into tiny pieces. Place in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Place a large pot on the stove and turn it up to medium-high heat.
- Add the salted butter. Once it’s melted enough to coat the bottom of the pan, add the prepared onions and garlic.
- Use a spatula to gently sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the 2 cups of chicken bone broth followed by the minced broccoli.
- Stir to distribute all the ingredients well then bring the heat up to high.
- Once the soup is boiling and the broccoli is soft, add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Mix it well to dissolve the cream cheese and incorporate the cream.
- Bring the broth back up to a boil and add the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix all the cheese into the soup until it melts.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer until the soup thickens as desired.
- For a really thick soup, incorporate ¼ tsp. of xanthan gum.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Fat: 23 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Protein: 12 g
Thank you to…