Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Enjoy your breakfast or snack time with this delicious Keto recipe!
Yield: 8 Servings 1x
FOR THE SAUSAGE GRAVY:
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE BISCUITS:
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp COLD Butter
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
TO MAKE THE SAUSAGE GRAVY:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the Sausage. Set aside.
- To the same saucepan add in the cream cheese, heavy cream and bring up the heat as you whisk the mixture. About 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the gravy and continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes until the Sausage Gravy is thickened.
- Add broth to thin it out.
FOR THE BISCUITS:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line or grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder.
- Add in the salt, garlic powder, and chili powder and combine well.
- Add in the cold butter and cut it into the mixture using two knives or pastry cutter. The mixture should have a crumbly consistency.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until they are fluffy. This is an important step to making the biscuits light and airy.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the flour mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop in the biscuit mixture into 8 muffin slots.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until biscuits starts to get golden brown on top.
If the Sausage Gravy isn’t thickening as much as you would like, you can add in 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum. First, whisk in the Xanthan Gum with 1 tbsp of warm water in a separate bowl before adding it to the gravy.
Nutritional Information is for 1 serving of Sausage Gravy and 1 serving of Biscuits
Serving Size: 1
Thank you to…