Keto Cauliflower Tortillas
Great low carb alternative to traditional corn or flour tortillas.
Servings: 6 tortillas
- 3/4 large head cauliflower (or two cups riced)
- 2 large eggs (Vegans, sub flax eggs)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced and zested
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F., and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the cauliflower, cut it into small, uniform pieces, and pulse in a food processor in batches until you get a couscous-like consistency. The finely riced cauliflower should make about 2 cups packed.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. If you don't use a microwave, a steamer works just as well. Place the cauliflower in a fine cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. Dishwashing gloves are suggested as it is very hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in cauliflower, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small "tortillas" on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set. Place tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium. Place a baked tortilla in the pan, pressing down slightly, and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- *You can munch these by themselves, make quesadillas with them, or add some taco filling and fold it like a taco.
- *Some people have mentioned in the comments that they've had success using already riced cauliflower instead of processing a head of cauliflower.
- *Leftover tortillas should freeze well for you.
Serving: 1 tortilla
Saturated Fat: 0g
Vitamin A: 135IU
Vitamin C: 25.9mg
Thank you to…